Shanghai Style Fried Noodles with Chicken or Pork
Fried noodles with vegetables and either chicken or pork. It is quite easy to make even through there are a few steps involved.
Be the first to make this!
230g fresh Chinese noodles
120ml cold water
1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
230g chicken or pork tenderloins
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 spring onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
2 pinches ginger powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cabbage thinly sliced
650g frozen stir fry vegetables
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornflour, dissolved in
1 tablespoon water
- Place noodles into boiling water and cook about 4 minutes
- Add cold water and bring to boil for 1 minute
- Rinse with cold running water, drain, mix with sesame oil and set aside.
- Cut meat across the grain then julienne.
- Mix with half the light soy sauce and cornflour.
- Stir fry spring onions, garlic, ginger and meat in 2 tablespoons heated oil until meat is cooked.
- Add other half of the light soy sauce and sugar; remove and keep warm.
- In clean wok stir-fry cabbage in 2 tablespoons heated oil for 2 minutes. Add frozen vegetables and heat until just defrosted; remove and wipe out wok
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in wok and add noodles; do not stir
- Let noodles brown on bottom then turn noodle cake over to brown other side in the same manner.
- In another wok heat 1 tablespoon of oil then add meat, cabbage, vegetables and dark soy sauce.
- Stir-fry until thoroughly heated.
- Thicken with dissolved cornflour then serve hot vegetables on the fried noodles.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 188.8.131.52