Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
This is a simple recipe with restaurant quality results. Great for a dinner party and sure to impress but just as good as a home dinner.
25 people made this
4 chicken breast fillets
2 tablespoons plain flour
2 cups diced mushrooms
1 tablespoon Port
1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
1/2 cup (125ml) cream
1 tablespoon diced fresh chives
- Toss the chicken in flour then shake away excess flour.
- Heat butter in large frypan then add chicken. Cook until browned on both sides. Remove chicken from the frypan and drain.
- Add mushrooms to same frypan and cook stirring until soft.
- Stir in port, wine and chicken stock. Return chicken to frypan and bring to boil then simmer covered for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from frypan and keep warm.
- Add the cream to frypan and boil 1 minute or until sauce is reduced slightly. Stir in chives.
- Serve the chicken with sauce.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (3)
whole family say it's a keeper!
15 Mar 2013
Made this to use some leftover mushrooms
12 Dec 2012
Very tasty . Will definitely be making this sauce again !
08 Sep 2015
User's IP: 184.108.40.206