1 person made this
This is an old family recipe that my mother always used to make on Good Friday. I love the smoked cod in it which I can find too strong if eaten alone.
3 tablespoons butter
1 onion, diced
4 tablespoons, plain flour
185g smoked cod, cooked and flaked
125g tasty cheese, grated
125g corn kernels
salt and pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
2 slices of white bread, buttered
60g tasty cheese, grated
- Melt butter in saucepan and saute onion until clear.
- Remove from heat and add flour then mix until smooth.
- Add milk slowly and cook stirring all the time. Bring to boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place fish, corn, cheese, salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce to casserole dish. Pour over the sauce into dish.
- Cut bread into cubes and place on top of dish then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in moderate oven for 20-30 minutes.
Mine didn't turn out fantastic; but is easy and tasty. Exactly like my grandma made at Easter time! (uruguay)
- 29 Feb 2016
Write a review
Click on stars to rate