1 / 1 Picture by: Daniel
Tofu Triangles with Orange Marinade
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 90ml soy sauce
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 2 dessertspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed chillies
- 1 spring onion, cut into 2cm strips
- half a bunch fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
Preparation:3hours › Cook:45min › Ready in:3hours45min
- Cut the block of tofu into four slices. Take the entire block and cut diagonally to make 8 triangles.
- Drain the pieces on paper towels for 30 minutes with a weight on top, like a chopping board or a frypan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, oils, garlic, ginger and crushed chillies.
- Arrange the tofu in a baking dish in a single layer. Cover with the marinade, and sprinkle with the spring onion and coriander. Cover with cling film, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Pour off some of the marinade, so the tofu is covered halfway. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, without turning, until the tofu is golden and most of the marinade has been absorbed.
This recipe is great . Might be an idea to add the quantity of Tofu - sounds like you would need a 500g block of firm tofu. - 08 Jan 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!