Super Lazy TVP Stir Fry
Be the first to make this!
A meal I invented when broke and hung over. Uses ingredients that are almost always hanging around the kitchen and is super-tasty. Even my non-vegie boyfriend requests it at least once a fortnight!
250-300g dried TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4-5 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons mushroom mock oyster sauce
1 dash sesame oil
1 pinch garlic powder, to taste
1/2- 1 teaspoons chilli powder, according to taste
3 celery stalks, sliced thin
1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
Any other stray vegies you have hanging about
- Soak TVP in hot water according to packet directions but add 1 tablespoon soy sauce to the soaking water.
- Combine soy sauce, mock oyster sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and chilli. Set aside.
- Stir fry celery, peas and other vegies until nice and hot and the celery is a little bit see-through.
- Add the TVP (drained if it looks a bit wet) and stir until combined with veggies.
- Add sauce mix and toss so all ingredients are covered with sauce. If it is a bit dry add a splash of water. If too wet move ingredients to sides of wok and let sauce reduce a little.
- Serve over lots of white rice or stir cooked noodles into the wok at the end of cooking.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate