- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk or as needed
Preparation:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl, and stir in the sugar. Make a well in the centre, and add the egg. Stir with a wooden spoon while gradually pouring in the milk until you reach the consistency that you prefer. Stir in melted butter last, beating until smooth.
- Heat a non stick frypan over medium heat. Brush the frypan with a little melted butter or coat with cooking spray. Drop the mixture by large spoonfuls into the hot frying pan. Pikelets should be about 6 cm across. Flip when bubbles appear on the surface, and cook until browned on the other side.
Altered ingredient amounts. I preferred the consistency with a 1:1 ratio of SR flour and milk--the pancakes turned out really fluffy and delicious. I've tried this recipe with and without sugar, and found that the sugar seemed to make the pancakes stick to the pan quite easily, whereas for some reason they don't stick so much without sugar. - 20 Jan 2009
Very nice. Fluffy and light. I made 12 out of the mix. Easy to make for sure. - 17 May 2010
Really easy and light and thick, "Easy" is the key here! - 04 Jun 2012