6 people made this
Everyone I know loves this great aussie meatloaf; even my kids who are the fussiest eaters in the world.
500g beef mince
500g pork mince
8-10 slices day old bread
1 onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
a little water
1/2 cup marmalade
1/2 cup plum jam
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- In a bowl combine beef and pork mince until well combined. Use wet hands to avoid meat mix sticking to your hands, keep wetting as necessary.
- Lay out a sheet of greased baking paper or cling wrap on table top. Place meat mix on top and flatten out.
- Tear bread into small enough pieces to resemble breadcrumbs. Add onion, thyme, salt, pepper and egg; mix well. Add a little water if stuffing is not wet enough.
- Using hands form the stuffing into a loaf then place in middle of flattened meat mix. Roll meat to surround stuffing and close off ends. Remove wrap.
- Place in baking tray with the join on the bottom.
- Mix together marmalade, jam and mustard then spread 1/2 on top of meatloaf.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C then place the meatloaf in oven cook for 1 hour basting with the remaining marmalade mix every 15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate