1 / 1 Picture by:
Turkey, Cheese and Spinach Rissoles
Serves : 6
- 500g turkey or chicken mince
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup diced fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- celery salt, to taste
- basil, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- rosemary, to taste
- chilli powder, to taste
- To Cook
- 100g cheese, cut into small 1/2cm cubes
- breadcrumbs, for coating
- peanut oil for frying
Preparation:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Rissoles: In a large mixing bowl add the ingredients and spices then mix well with clean hands.
- Form rissoles with your hands. This recipe makes 6 rissoles.
- To Cook: Insert about 5 cubes of cheese into the middle of each rissole. Make the sure the cheese is far enough into the rissole and well sealed so that it doesn't leak out while cooking.
- Coat the finished rissoles in breadcrumbs and refrigerate for 1/2 an hour so they bind together.
- Fry at a medium heat the rissoles on a BBQ or in a frypan until they are cooked through. If you use high heat they may be burnt on the outside and raw in the middle.
- I serve these rissoles with steamed vegetables and mushroom sauce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!