Filo Topped Chicken Pot Pie
A yummy change to the basic chicken pot pie recipe using scrunched up filo pastry as the pies top but still a rich cream chicken filling underneath.
19 people made this
500g skinless and boneless chicken breasts
1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
salt and black pepper, to season
1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons crushed garlic
1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
2 tablespoons diced fresh parsley
2 cups frozen vegetables
10-12 sheets filo pastry.
1 egg, whisked
- Cut the chicken breast into bit size pieces.
- In a saucepan combine the chicken and stock then season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken until completely cooked through.
- Drain off the stock from the chicken into a jug and set the chicken aside.
- Add milk to the stock.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onions with the garlic for approx 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour until combined then slowly add the stock stirring continuously.
- Simmer until it comes to the boil and thickens, while still stirring.
- Take off the heat and add the parsley, vegetables and chicken.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish.
- Scrunch up the filo pastry one sheet at a time so it resembles a scrunched up tissue and place into the dish until totally covering the chicken mix.
- Brush the pastry with the whisked egg.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 190 degrees C for approximately 30 minutes.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 188.8.131.52