Turkish Delight Ice Cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 165g Fry's Turkish delight chopped
Preparation:40min › Cook:5hours › Ready in:5hours40min
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until light. In a pan, bring the milk to a full boil. Add to the egg and sugar, stirring, then return to the pan. Continue stirring over low heat until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Do not boil or it will curdle. Let cool, then stir in the cream and rose water.
- Put the Turkish delight in a pan with 2-3 tablespoons of water. Heat gently, until almost completely melted, with just a few small lumps. Remove from the heat and stir into the cooled custard mixture.
- Let the mixture cool completely, then pour into a freezer container. Shallow is better, because it will freeze faster, but whatever you have will do. Freeze for 2 hours, until the mixture is semi frozen. Spoon the mixture into a bowl.
- Using a whisk, beat the mixture well, return it to the freezer container and freeze for 2 hours more. Repeat the beating process, then return to the freezer for about 3 hours or until firm. The more often you beat the ice cream, the creamier it will be.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer 20-25 minutes before serving.
Used different ingredients. A hadnful of crushed pistatio nuts is great in this! - 12 Nov 2008
Hey SMD!!!! How are you!! This is a great recipe, my hubs loved it! - 12 Nov 2008