Chicken and Bacon Carbonara
- 250g diced bacon
- 500g diced chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 250g spaghetti pasta
- 75g Parmesan
Preparation:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan and add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking add chicken, garlic and bacon to a frypan; fry until cooked. Try to use a non-stick pan to cut down on the fat content.
- Pasta, chicken and bacon should be finished cooking at the same time. Drain pasta and put back into the same saucepan.
- Immediately add whisked eggs and stir. Add half the parmesan and continue to stir.
- Add chicken and bacon mixture then toss.
- Add leftover parmesan or to taste. Serve.
Something else. Added onion. Sweated onion off in the pan before adding the bacon and chicken. - 22 Jun 2011
This was a real saviour this evening. Ihad accidentally defrosted chicken mince and wanted something other than bolognese or meatpatties/balls so I tried this out. It was fabulous. Super easy and tasty. I added onion at the very begining before the bacon and chicken but otherwise completely as per the recipe. It was a very happy accident! We will add this to our regular meals. - 22 Jun 2011
Altered ingredient amounts. added onion and spring onion towards the end and it was awesome - 10 Mar 2011