Creamy White Wine and Mushroom Pasta
- 375g dry fettuccine or tagliatelle
- salt and olive oil for pasta
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 120g medium sized mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Parmesan cheese to serve
Preparation:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and olive oil. Cook for 8-9 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a frypan over low heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft and dark. Stir in the garlic, Italian herbs, salt, white wine and chicken stock. Increase the heat to medium, and cook stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in the sour cream until smooth. Stir in cornflour, and simmer for a minute to thicken. Stir in pasta, or spoon sauce over pasta in the individual bowls. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Made it healthier. Used lite cream - 06 Jan 2009
Altered ingredient amounts. I added zucchini because I had some. And it was a good decision. Just sayin. - 23 Feb 2010
Pretty tasty - will use this again, but probably as a base as well... - 04 Sep 2010