Be the first to make this!
This cheesecake is not baked but starts with a hot custard to which cream cheese and whipped cream is added creating a very light cheesecake.
250g chocolate ripple biscuits
90g melted unsalted butter
4 egg yolks
1 cup (225g) sugar
1 lemon zest
1 pinch salt, to taste
2 teaspoons gelatine
450g cream cheese
600ml whipped cream, whipped
- Base: Crush the biscuits and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the base of a 20cm sponge ring and refrigerate.
- Filling: Place the egg yolks, sugar, zest, salt and milk in a saucepan and whisk together well.
- Place on a low heat and stir until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. It is important not to overheat the mixture as it may curdle.
- Soften the gelatine in some hot water then add to the heating custard mixture.
- the gelatine has dissolved pass the custard through a strainer and allow to cool slightly.
- While the custard mix is still warm add the cream cheese using a strong whisk to fully incorporated the mixture ensuring it is smooth and creamy.
- Gently incorporate the freshly whipped cream a little at a time until the mix is light and smooth.
- Place the mixture on to the biscuit base and refrigerate.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate