1 / 1 Picture by:
Italian Lamb Shanks
Serves : 4
- 1kg (4 to 6) trimmed lamb shanks
- 1 (400g) tin diced tomatoes
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 large or 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
Preparation:15min › Cook:3hours › Ready in:3hours15min
- In a large casserole dish or deep ceramic dish layer the sliced lemon (reserving two or three slices), onion, carrots, zucchini and celery.
- Top with the trimmed lamb shanks, bone end up.
- Tip over tinned tomatoes and sprinkle with the diced garlic and herbs then top with remaining lemon slices.
- Cover and cook in a low oven at 160 degrees C for at least three hours.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!