Sweet Chilli Fish Cakes
Serves : 8
- 450g boneless fish fillets, cubed
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 egg
- extra flour for dusting
- 1/2-1 cup oil for frying
Preparation:45min › Cook:15min › Ready in:1hour
- Combine fish, 1/2 cup flour, oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, coriander, spring onions and egg in a food processor. Process until well combined. Place in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape mixture into patties and dust with flour.
- Pour enough oil into a wok or frying pan to about 1cm depth. Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Fry fish cakes for 8 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown.
Why not try Thai basil or even parsley? - 20 Dec 2011
I haven't made this recipe yet but it sounds great but.....I can't stand coriander!!! It tastes like washing up liquid to me, is there anything else I can use. Thank you!! - 19 Dec 2011
Easy and tasty, just followed the recipe, except that I didn't put the flour in the food processor with the other ingredients, but mixed it in later. I had the oil a bit too hot at first so they were a little dark but they still tasted good and the second batch was fine. - 10 Nov 2011