- Bring ½ cup (125 ml) water to a boil in a saucepan with ½ teaspoon salt. Add frozen peas and beans, cover and cook 5 minutes. Pour into strainer, reserving liquid. Drain vegetables and let cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes. Trim capsicums and cut into short strips. Slice onion into rings. Halve tomatoes, remove seeds and cut into eighths.
- Halve olives if desired. Place olives, peas, beans, capsicum strips, onion rings, tomato wedges and diced potatoes in a serving bowl.
- Combine garlic, mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of reserved vegetable cooking water. Stir together until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over vegetables. Flake tuna a little. Arrange on vegetables. Serve with lemon wedges.
Green beans are low in fat, high in dietary fibre and a good source of B vitamins. If using fresh green beans instead of frozen, remove tops, add to a large saucepan of boiling salted water and cook, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes, until crisp-tender.
diced vegetables with tuna
Dice 1 red and 1 yellow capsicum, 3 large tomatoes, 2 Lebanese cucumbers, 2 medium carrots and 2 large celery stalks. Arrange on a platter. * Finely dice 1 medium white onion. Drain and flake 1 can (185g) tuna in water or olive oil. Combine with onion. Whisk 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1⁄2 cup (125g) yogurt, 1 tablespoon sunflower oil and herb salt and pepper to taste. Stir into tuna and onion mixture. Spoon mixture onto vegetables. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.