1 / 1 Picture by: Zoë Harpham
Mixed Vegetable Paella
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 1/4 cups paella or risotto rice
- 1 cup tinned chopped roma tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- pinch of paprika
- 800ml vegetable stock, hot
- 100g green beans, trimmed and cut into short lengths
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley to garnish (optional)
Preparation:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Heat the oil in a paella pan or deep frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Increase the heat to high, add the zucchini and carrots to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly so the vegetables do not burn.
- Tip the rice into the pan, stir well, then add the tomatoes. Add the turmeric and paprika to the stock, then pour the spiced stock into the paella pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans and peas in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and add to the rice 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Stir in the parsley then season. Turn off the heat, cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley if you like.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!