1 / 1 Picture by: Elaine Russell
Vegetable and three-cheese lasagna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes, about 400g each
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 225–280g lasagna sheets
- 1 2/3 cups (430g) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 85g reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preparation:35min › Cook:1hour40min › Ready in:2hours15min
- In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderate heat. Sauté the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the tomatoes with their juices, the tomato puree and herbs. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan, heat the remaining oil over moderate heat and sauté the zucchini, carrots and celery, stirring frequently, for 7 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the lasagna sheets and cook according to packet instructions. Drain. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, egg white and parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread a quarter of the tomato sauce over the bottom of a 33 x 23 x 5-cm baking dish. Arrange a third of the lasagna sheets over it in an even layer. Spread half the ricotta mixture over the pasta and scatter half the vegetables on top.
- Repeat the layers, then add another layer of sauce and the last of the lasagna. Spread the remaining sauce on top and scatter over the mozzarella and parmesan. Bake for about 45 minutes or until browned around the edges.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!