Thai Red Beef Curry
- 500g lean beef strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut in strips
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cans (165ml each) fat-reduced coconut milk
- 100g spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Steamed rice (optional)
Preparation:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Combine the beef, oil and garlic in a small bowl. Heat a wok or a heavy nonstick frying pan over high heat. Add the beef strips in small batches and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove each batch when cooked and allow the pan to reheat before frying the next batch.
- Add the capsicum and mushrooms to the pan with a sprinkling of water. Steam for 1 to 2 minutes, then return the beef strips.
- Stir in the curry paste, brown sugar, fish sauce, coconut milk, spinach and coriander. Toss for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice, if liked.
was nice but will put less corriander next time - 28 Mar 2011
Very nice - quick and easy. The coriander really makes all the difference, and the fresher it is, the better. Thank you. - 24 May 2010