1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis
Thai beef salad with peanuts
- 3cm piece fresh ginger
- 4 sprigs coriander
- 500g beef fillet
- 4 tablespoons (80ml) sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons (60ml) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced, for garnish
- few mint sprigs, for garnish
Preparation:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Peel ginger and chop finely. Chop coriander leaves finely. Cut beef into very thin strips.
- Heat oil in a wok or deep frying pan. Sear meat on all sides over high heat, stirring, until no more juice escapes. Place in a bowl. Mix lime juice, soy sauce, ground ginger and fresh ginger and add to meat, stirring to combine.
- Wipe wok or pan with paper towels. Dry–roast peanuts lightly over medium heat; add to meat. Stir red onions and coriander into meat. Season with salt.
- Slice pale green and white parts of spring onions on the diagonal. Cut chili in half, remove seeds. Cut into fine strips.
- Spoon salad onto individual plates. Sprinkle with spring onions and chili strips. Garnish with cucumber slices and mint leaves.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!