1 / 1 Picture by:
- 1/3 cup reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 turkey (about 6kg)
- 2 heads garlic, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation:15min › Cook:3hours › Ready in:3hours15min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Combine the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, orange zest and cinnamon in a small bowl. Rub the mixture under the skin of the turkey's breast and drumsticks. Place the garlic in the cavity of the turkey.
- Place the bird on a rack in a baking dish and pour 2 cups water into the dish. Roast the turkey, covered, for 24 minutes per kilogram, or until the thigh meat registers 75°C. Uncover for the last 40 minutes of cooking.
- Transfer the turkey to a cutting board; discard the garlic. Pour the pan juices into a gravy separator and then pour the defatted juices into a small saucepan. Whisk together the flour, stock, and salt and pepper to taste, and add to the pan juices. Cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until the gravy is slightly thickened. Remove the turkey skin before carving the bird.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!