1 / 1 Picture by: Zoë Harpham
Stir Fried Beef with Vegetables
- 450g piece skirt or rump steak, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 100g broccoli, cut into florets
- 5 fresh baby corn cobs, halved lengthways
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut on the diagonal into 5 cm lengths
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
Preparation:30min › Cook:10min › Ready in:40min
- Put the beef in a bowl with the oyster and soy sauces, sugar, cornflour and garlic. Mix together and allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a well-seasoned wok or large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil, then add all of the meat and stir-fry for about 3 minutes until the meat is cooked and browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Clean the wok out by wiping with paper towel. Heat over a medium heat and add the remaining oil. Add the onion, carrot, capsicum and broccoli and cook for 1 minute, tossing frequently. Add the corn, asparagus and water and return the meat to the wok and cook for a further minute, or until the sauce has thickened. The vegetables should be slightly softened but still retain their crispness. Serve immediately.
First dish to cook ever in my life! Use this recipe, altered a few different veggies but was fantastic and tasted great!! Good work zoe!! - 15 Aug 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!