Spicy pork salad
- 500g cooked lean pork
- 250g Chinese cabbage
- 1 can (190g) bamboo shoots, drained
- 100g snow peas
- 1 small piece fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon grass
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek or Chinese chili paste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
Preparation:30min › Ready in:30min
- Cut pork into very thin strips and place in a bowl. Finely shred Chinese cabbage. Cut bamboo shoots into thin strips. Cut snow peas into strips. Add all vegetables to bowl.
- Finely chop ginger. Remove hard outer layers from lemon grass and finely chop tender part.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk vegetable oil, sesame oil, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a bowl. Add ginger and lemon grass; whisk to combine. Check seasoning, adding salt to taste. Stir vinaigrette into salad.
- Toast sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat until golden, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate; set aside to cool. Combine sour cream and sambal oelek.
- Taste salad, adding salt and remaining 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, if necessary. Spoon salad onto serving plates. Top with a little sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chives.
to prepare lemon grass
1 Remove outside woody layers from lemon grass and cut off root. 2 Trim woody ends from leaves. Wash lemon grass and pat dry with paper towel. 3 Cut tender leaves crosswise in fine strips or chop finely. Or, grind them to a fine paste.