- First make the topping. Mix the yogurt with the spring onion and herbs. Cover and chill until needed.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the onion and capsicums, then sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper, ground cumin and oregano, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the chicken mince and cook, stirring occasionally to break up any lumps, until it is browned and crumbly.
- Stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
- Divide the spaghetti among four plates and spoon an equal amount of chicken chilli over each serving. Top with the herb-flavoured yogurt and serve.
Some more ideas…
For a vegetarian chilli, omit the chicken mince and add an extra can of kidney beans. * To increase the fibre content of this dish, use wholemeal spaghetti or noodles. * Replace the chicken mince with turkey mince, which is a good source of zinc and many B vitamins.
Red kidney beans are low in fat. They provide good amounts of vitamins B1, niacin and B6, and useful amounts of iron. Kidney beans are also a good source of soluble fibre, which can help to reduce high levels of cholesterol in the blood.