1 / 1 Picture by: Zoë Harpham
- 125g green beans, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 French shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 green capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 2 teaspoons cornflour, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 150ml vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sprig of fresh flat-leaf parsley or coriander to garnish
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Cook the beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain, then refresh in a sieve under cold running water to stop the cooking process. Drain again.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the shallots, garlic, celery, carrots and capsicum. Cook over a high heat for about 3 minutes, stirring well until the vegetables are just starting to soften.
- Sprinkle the curry powder into the pan over the vegetables, stir to coat, cook for 1 minute, then add the beans and zucchini. Stir again.
- Mix together the cornflour paste and stock, then pour the mixture into the pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 5–8 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then serve immediately, garnished with a sprig of fresh parsley or coriander.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!