1 / 1 Picture by:
Spiced Cauliflower with Broad Beans
- 1 cup frozen broad beans
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeño chillies, de-seeded, deveined and chopped finely (see ‘tip’)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- lime wedges
Preparation:25min › Cook:20min › Ready in:45min
- Cook broad beans in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel off the skin.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds and cook, stirring, until they sizzle, 10 to 20 seconds. Add onions, jalapeños, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add coriander, ground cumin and turmeric. Stir 10 to 20 seconds. Add water and cauliflower. Stir to coat well. Cover and cook until the cauliflower is almost tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and broad beans. Cover and cook until cauliflower is tender and beans are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Jalapeño is a medium-hot chilli. Substitute 1–2 long red chillies if you are unable to find it.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!