Spice-crusted pork fillet with peach salsa
Serves : 4
- 1 large peach, diced
- ½ small red capsicum (sweet pepper), diced
- 2 medium spring onions, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped (see ‘ingredient note’)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 x 300g lean pork fillets, trimmed
- salad greens with an olive oil and vinegar dressing, to serve
Preparation:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- To make the salsa: in a medium bowl, combine peach, capsicum, spring onions, chilli, lime juice and coriander, and toss to mix well.
- To make the pork: in a small bowl, combine cumin, brown sugar, paprika, cinnamon, ginger and pepper. Add 2 teaspoons oil and mix well. Rub the spice paste over the pork.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan and brown meat all over, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer meat to a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, cover meat with foil and let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into slices. Serve pork, topped with salsa and a green salad.
When working with chilli, wear disposable gloves to protect your hands from the irritating oils. Keep your hands away from your eyes. Remove seeds and membrane from chilli, if you wish, to give it less heat.