1 / 1 Picture by:
Meat Free Two Bean Chilli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 can (about 400g) no-salt-added chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoonos no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 600ml salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- pepper to taste
- 1 can (about 400g) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (about 400g) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups (215g) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2/3 cup (170g) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- fresh oregano leaves to garnish (optional)
Preparation:5min › Cook:30min › Ready in:35min
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and chopped chilli and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the onion is lightly browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, stock, parsley and oregano, with pepper to taste. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kidney and cannellini beans and the corn. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the ricotta cheese with the snipped chives. Serve the chilli sprinkled with oregano leaves and offer the ricotta mixture to be spooned on top.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!