Asian Inspired Chicken Salad
Serves : 6
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 250g dried rice noodles
- 1 head iceberg or romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Preparation:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- Dressing: Prepare the dressing 30 minutes ahead of time by combining the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil and rice vinegar in a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake well. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Salad: Heat a frying pan over medium high heat with a few tablespoons of vegetable oil and break off bits of the noodles and fry them. They will puff up in the pan, so only add a few at a time. As they begin to puff up, remove and drain them on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, spring onions and sesame seeds. Leave in the refrigerator to chill; about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving add the cooked rice noodles and toss with desired amount of dressing. Serve immediately in large bowls. Garnish with extra toasted sesame seeds if desired.
Great recipe!! I steamed some leftover bbq chicken instead of the breast. For added oniony crunch I fried some shallots as well as the noodles. Crunch is key. Don't add the noodles till the last second. - 21 Dec 2011