1 / 1 Picture by:
Serves : 6
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small bulb fennel, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed Italian herbs
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed dried chillies
- 120g prepared squid
- 120g salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 120g raw prawns, peeled
- 120g mixed seafood
- 150ml dry white wine
- 150ml fish stock (reduced-salt)
- grated rind of 1/2 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 kg tomatoes, diced
- 5 green beans, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced or diced
- 250g asparagus spears
- 170g shelled fresh peas
- 400g instant lasagna
- 250g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 90g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
Preparation:45min › Cook:1hour10min › Ready in:1hour55min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a saucepan. Add the fennel, onion and half the garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until the onion softens, then add the parsley, fennel seeds, Italian herbs and chilli. Cook for 1–2 minutes. Add the squid and salmon, and cook for 1 minute; stir in the prawns and mixed seafood. Cook for 30 seconds, then use a slotted spoon to transfer the seafood to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the wine, stock, lemon rind, bay leaves and carrot to the juices remaining in the pan. Boil for 5 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in the tomatoes and cook over high heat for 3–4 minutes or until the sauce has reduced. Add the beans and remaining garlic. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add the zucchini. Cover and cook for 5 minutes; add the asparagus and peas. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease a deep 30 cm ovenproof dish with a little oil. Place two-thirds of the vegetables in the dish, lifting them out of the sauce with a slotted spoon and discarding the bay leaves. Top with a layer of lasagna, overlapping the sheets slightly. Add the seafood and a second layer of lasagna. Pour on the remaining vegetables and sauce. Top with the remaining lasagna.
- Mix the ricotta with the eggs and Parmesan cheese. Season with a little nutmeg, pepper and cayenne. Pour this evenly over the top of the lasagna and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the lasagna is heated through and the top is speckled golden-brown. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!