1 / 1 Picture by: JuliettevanSon
Salmon steaks mexican-style
Serves : 4
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 can (400 g) no-added-salt tomatoes, chopped, with their juice
- 1 jalapeño chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives, coarsely chopped
- 11⁄2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon each dried oregano and thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 salmon steaks (225 g each)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Preparation:15min › Cook:55min › Ready in:1hour10min
- In large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over moderate heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft. Add chilli powder, stirring to coat onion. Add tomatoes, jalapeño, olives, capers, oregano, thyme, cinnamon and 1⁄4 cup water; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until sauce is richly flavoured.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Sprinkle salmon with lime juice; place in 22 × 32 cm baking dish. Spoon 3⁄4 cup sauce over fish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until it flakes when tested with a fork. Reheat remaining sauce; spoon over fish.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!