- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Put the oil and garlic in a large roasting tin and heat for 3 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the tin from the oven and add the pumpkin and brussels sprouts. Add the apple slices to the tin with the sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary. Sprinkle with salt and toss to combine.
- Return the tin to the oven and roast the vegetables for 20 minutes, turning them after 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms, toss with the other vegetables, then roast for a further 15 minutes until everything is golden and tender.
- If you are using cheese, sprinkle it over the top and roast for a further 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
• You could make this dish with parsnip, carrot, swede or turnip instead of the pumpkin, or throw in some baby onions – whatever takes your fancy. For a special occasion, use thickly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms in place of the portobello or Swiss brown varieties.
• Fresh rosemary is an easy herb to grow and it is a hardy evergreen, so it can be used year round.