1 / 1 Picture by:
Roasted beetroot and salmon salad
Serves : 4
- 1 kg beetroot, well scrubbed
- 1⁄3 cup natural (unblanched) almonds, coarsely chopped
- 250 g whole-wheat penne
- 1 cup natural low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon 97% fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 can (415 g) red salmon, drained
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour15min
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Wrap beetroot in foil, place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until tender. While oven is on, place almonds on another baking sheet, toast for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Unwrap beetroot. When they are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 2-cm chunks.
- In large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar and mayonnaise. Add almonds, pasta, beetroot, salmon and spring onions; toss to combine.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!