Spiced Apple Pork Chops
Serves : 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 (1.5cm thick) pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup hot water
Preparation:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Add onion and cook for 1 minute or until soft. Remove onion and set aside. Brown pork chops on both sides in oil.
- Place pork chops in an ovenproof baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with the apples and cooked onion.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, cloves and water. Pour over chops. Cover and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
tried this recipe all I can say is delicious. family requested this to be put on regular meal rotation - 10 Aug 2011
even yummy when you get lamb chops out of the freezer instead of pork chops - 25 Sep 2012
Family loved this, next time will thicken sauce a bit more - 25 Mar 2013