Pork with Mushroom Cream Sauce
17 people made this
This is classy yet comforting. Pork fillets cooked in a sauce of red wine, mushrooms and cream. Serve with rice.
1 tablespoon oil
2 (400g) pork fillets, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
salt and freshly ground pepper
250ml red wine
250g mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 tablespoon plain flour
300ml thickened cream
Extra time:30min ›
- Preheat an oven to 160 degrees C.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a casserole pot (or in a frypan) and brown the pork in batches. Remove from the pan. Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Return the pork (and any collected juices), season with salt and pepper and add the red wine.
- Cover (transfer to a casserole dish if you used a frypan) and cook in a preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 15 mins.
- Meanwhile mix the flour and cream together. Remove casserole from oven and stir in the cream mixture. Stir until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Kids loved it!
- 19 Jun 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate