1 / 1 Picture by:
Pork with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Serves : 4
- 60g butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (400g) pork fillets, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250ml red wine
- 250g mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 300ml thickened cream
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour30min › Extra time:30min › Ready in:2hours15min
- Preheat an oven to 160 degrees C.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a casserole pot (or in a frypan) and brown the pork in batches. Remove from the pan. Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Return the pork (and any collected juices), season with salt and pepper and add the red wine.
- Cover (transfer to a casserole dish if you used a frypan) and cook in a preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 15 mins.
- Meanwhile mix the flour and cream together. Remove casserole from oven and stir in the cream mixture. Stir until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!