1 / 1 Picture by:
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 100 g (2–3 rashers) streaky bacon, rind removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed grated Cheddar cheese
Preparation:20min › Cook:12min › Ready in:32min
- Preheat the oven to 250°C. Sieve the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the milk and mix quickly to a stiff dough.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface until smooth and roll into a rectangle about 30 cm long by 20 cm wide. Distribute the onion, bacon and cheese on top of the dough. Roll into a long sausage, dampening the edge of the dough with a little water. Cut into small rounds and transfer to a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden and crisp, and serve piping hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!