Apple Cinnamon Cookies
- 125g butter, softened
- 185g honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 90g stoneground wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 140g rolled oats
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
Preparation:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease baking trays, or line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, honey, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the wholemeal flour, bicarb soda and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats and apple. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Don't know that I would tag this diabetic with the amount of honey in the recipe, but the cookies were nice. - 16 Mar 2011
123 - 06 Jul 2011
Very tasty. I didn't have honey, but used semi-melted brown sugar instead. I needed about 12 mins baking time. - 28 Apr 2009