Tuna and Rice Salad
Serves : 4
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup ready-made pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
- 185g tin tuna in brine, drained and broken into chunks
- 2 cups baby English spinach leaves, about 100g
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Cook the rice in plenty of boiling water for 12–15 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, rinse in a sieve under cold running water for a few seconds, then tip into a large bowl.
- Whisk the pesto and lemon juice together, drizzle over the warm rice and stir to coat in the dressing. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a non-stick frying pan for 5 minutes until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Add the tuna, spinach, capsicum and half the bacon to the rice. Gently mix together. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the remaining bacon.
Very tasty and my husband also enjoyed it. I used flat leaf italian parsely pesto that I had made. If you buy the right bacon this dish is gluten free and low in lactose (assuming pamesean in pesto). I will make again. - 19 Sep 2012