Healthy Honey and Apple Muffins
- 2 egg whites
- 250g wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 125g chopped apples
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Lightly grease one 12-cup muffin tin, or line with paper muffin cups.
- Lightly whisk egg whites. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, oil, honey and apples. Gently fold in egg whites to the wet mixture. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Fold together until just moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake about 20 minutes until lightly browned.
Used different ingredients. I used strawberries instead of apple very yummy - 22 Mar 2010
Used different ingredients. I didn't have wholemeal plain flour so I just used normal plain. They were still very tasty though. - 20 Feb 2010
Absolutely beautiful. I pureed the apple and only used 2 tablespoons of honey. I have been searching for a no added sugar recipie, and found this one tasted great using the natural sugars in honey instead of using added sugars, will definately go into my list of favourites - 19 Jan 2010