1 / 1 Picture by:
Basil and Chicken Pasta Salad
- 300g pasta shells
- 100g snow peas
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- finely shredded rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- pepper to taste
- 400g chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 200g small roma tomatoes, halved, or 3 medium roma tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 50g stoned black olives
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Drop the pasta into a large saucepan of boiling water. When the water returns to the boil, cook for 10–12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente. Add the snow peas for the final minute of cooking. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again well.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the oil with the lemon rind and juice and the wine in a large salad bowl. Season with pepper. Add the pasta and snow peas, and toss to coat with the dressing. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and garlic, and stir-fry over high heat for 5–6 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned and thoroughly cooked. Add to the pasta.
- Scatter the tomatoes and olives over the top. Sprinkle with the basil leaves, tearing larger ones into pieces. Toss the salad together and serve while the chicken is still warm.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!