Spicy Shredded Beef
- 1.5kg - 2kg rump roast
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 3/4 cups Italian tomato pasta sauce
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Tabasco
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
Preparation:10min › Cook:9hours › Ready in:9hours10min
- Place the meat in the slow cooker. Pour the wine, tomato sauce and Tabasco over the top. Add garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours. When cooked, the roast should fall apart easily with a fork. Shred the roast into the juices, and stir in the chopped spring onions and coriander.
Altered ingredient amounts. I used 2 big chunks of silverside and it came out tender and stringy..yum. I used chicken stock instead of white wine and slow cooked for about 7 hours. Served over rice. I am sure tomorrow's leftovers will be gone for lunch. - 27 Feb 2009
Used different ingredients. Not liking the taste of wine in my food I used beef stock instead. It made for a salter recipe so I only added the pepper not more salt. Also added peas to freshen up the flavour. I found fresh peas worked the best in the slow cooker and came out tender as the meat. - 13 Oct 2009
This was so tasty - everyone loved it! And it was so easy to do - right up my alley!!! - 15 Jul 2010