Oaty Apple Crumble
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sugar
- 90g wholemeal flour
- 30g rolled oats
- 60g butter
- 60g caster or light brown sugar
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Core and chop the apple. Place half of the apple in an medium sized oven-proof dish and sprinkle sugar over them. Then add the rest of the apple slices.
- Topping: Sieve the flour into a bowl. Add butter and sugar and rub in until mix looks like breadcrumbs. Then add the oats.
- Spread the crumble on top of the apples.
- Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until apples are soft and crumble topping is golden brown.
truly yummy, didn't take long at all. my 2yr old and i waxed our plates and finished the lot in one eve. i used a 9 inch baking tray and 3x apples. 1 extremely large apple must have been used in the original recipe. Also, i added vanilla extract and only a sprinkle of cinnamon. All in terrific. I think the wholemeal and oats really made me feel like it was autumn - 17 Nov 2013
This was good. I did add some cinnamon to the apples, because my family likes cinnamon. I think the recipe might be off though, because 1 large apple is not enough apple for the amount of crumb topping this recipe makes. Also, it states it serves 4, but I can't see how you can do this with only one apple. I used 5 large apples when I made it. - 14 May 2013