Garlic Italian Chicken
- 10 bulbs garlic, cloves separated, peeled and crushed
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 800g tinned diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh rosemary
- 225g tagliatelle
Preparation:10min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour10min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large frying pan, heat the 1 tablespoon of oil, add chicken and cook 2 minutes. Add wine and cook 2 minutes. Place the garlic in a lightly greased 23x33cm baking dish and place chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with pepper, cover and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a medium frying pan, cook the onion in the 1 teaspoon of olive oil and butter until soft and golden.
- Add tomatoes and rosemary, or any combination of your favourite fresh herbs to taste. Stir together and remove from heat.
- Cook tagliatelle according to package instructions and drain.
- Place tagliatelle in a long, shallow serving dish. Pour the onion and tomato mixture over it, then place baked garlic chicken pieces on top with some or all of the garlic.
Garnish with freshly chopped flat leaf parsley.
Very easy to make, beautiful filling meal! - 08 Aug 2010
My husband really liked the dish I served up, but I did tweak it a bit. In the beginning we did not have pasta in the house so I did kumera chips as a side dish instead. I also did not have wine so used rice wine vinegar/lemon juice/balsamic vinegar and a little sweetener instead. I added most of a small pottle of tomato paste and some chillie tomato sauce, mushrooms (capsicum in my dish only so added at the end) brown sugar, chilli paste and corriander paste and more garlic and some oregano and basil. Accordingly even though we really enjoyed this with the chips and steamed veg it is so different from the Inspirational recipe that I could only give it a 4. - 26 Sep 2013