1 / 1 Picture by:
Basic Steamed Pudding
- 125g butter or margarine
- 125g caster or brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 185g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
Preparation:25min › Cook:1hour30min › Ready in:1hour55min
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy and almost white. Gradually add the beaten eggs, mixing vigorously. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Gradually incorporate the flour into the mixture as lightly as possible, keeping to a dropping consistency by adding a little milk.
- Place in a greased 1.2 litre pudding basin, and cover with greaseproof paper and secure with string. Place basin in a large pot and fill with water until 2/3 of the pudding bowl is covered with water.
- Cover pot and steam the pudding for 1-1 1/2 hours - checking every so often to see if water needs topping up.
- Remove from pot, take off paper and run a spatula around the edge of the bowl to release the pudding.
- Serve with custard.
I tried this recipie tonight, the pudding had such a wonderful crumb. I made an apple and rhubarb mix and put on the bottom of my pudding basin. - 27 Mar 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!