1 / 1 Picture by:
- 2 rashers bacon diced
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 large onions diced
- 2kg venison back strap, diced into 2cm cubes
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 large potatoes diced
- beef stock to cover (or venison stock if avaliable)
- 440ml of Guinness(TM)
- 1 puff pastry sheet
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour25min › Ready in:1hour40min
- In a casserole over medium heat, heat bacon until all fat is rendered then remove bacon. Cook garlic and onions in bacon fat until translucent. Remove and set aside.
- Brown the venison, add stock, bacon and onion then bring to a slow simmer. Allow to simmer for 1 hour. Add the diced vegetable and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Guinness. If gravy is not thick enough, thicken with a bit of cornflour. Cover with the sheet of pastry, poke holes to vent then bake at 180 degrees C for 10-15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!