Lemon and Lime Cheesecake
Serves : 12
- 100g low fat sweet wafer biscuits
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 350g low fat cottage cheese
- 500g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup plus 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
Preparation:20min › Cook:1hour5min › Extra time:3hours55min › Ready in:5hours20min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Process the wafer biscuits in a food processor until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until the crumbs are moistened. Pour the mixture into a 23cm springform tin, patting it into the bottom. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside. Leave the oven on.
- Process the cottage cheese in a food processor (you can use the same bowl) for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Beat the cream cheese and 1 cup of the sugar with an electric mixer in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the whole eggs and egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the puréed cottage cheese, the flour, lemon rind, lime rind, lemon juice and lime juice until well blended. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes or until the outer edge is set; the very centre may still "wiggle" slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream and the remaining sugar in a small bowl. Spread over the top of the hot cake and bake for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the tin on a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate the cheesecake in the tin for at least four hours before serving.
This recipe was easy to follow and easy to use. The Cheese cake was delicous and was commented on by my Fiance's family highly. My Fiance's father helped himself to many servings and also packed some up for his morning tea. - 03 Jan 2010
Altered ingredient amounts. With the base i used Vanilla Creme Waffers, and I layered the base sparingly with flaked almonds before baking. - 03 Jan 2010