1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis
Irish Lamb and Vegetable Stew
Serves : 6
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 500 g boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 3 cm chunks
- 4 red potatoes, unpeeled, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 leeks, rinsed, white and pale green parts coarsely chopped
- 1 large turnip, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (150 g) green peas, fresh or frozen
Preparation:20min › Cook:1hour30min › Ready in:1hour50min
- Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole or non-stick deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add meat in batches and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes per batch. Place in a bowl.
- Add the potato, carrot, onion, leek and turnip to pan. Cook 10 minutes; stir occasionally. Stir in flour. Add 3 cups water, bay leaf, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Add meat. Simmer, uncovered, until meat is tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Add peas. Simmer 5 minutes; serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!