Be the first to make this!
The milk and cheese in this recipe give you calcium while the polenta provides some vitamin B6.
1 cup polenta
2 cups (500 ml) low-fat milk
1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons chopped parsley or basil
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- Combine polenta with 1 cup water in small bowl. In non-stick saucepan, bring milk and 1 cup water to boil. Season with pepper.
- Reduce heat slightly and slowly stir polenta into milk mixture. Stirring constantly, cook for 5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- Reduce heat to very low and simmer polenta gently, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until mixture is smooth and thickened.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add chopped herbs and cheese, and stir well to mix thoroughly.
- Turn polenta out onto non-stick baking dish and spread to a depth of 5 mm with palette knife. Chill for 2 hours to set. Preheat griller.
- With cookie cutter, cut rounds from polenta. Use trimmings to make more. Or cut into 6 wedges. Grill on rack for 5 minutes or until golden.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate