1 / 1 Picture by: Elaine Russell
Chicken Burgers with Apple
- 350g chicken mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (20g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 green apples, such as Granny Smith (for a tart taste) or Golden Delicious (for a sweet taste), coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- canola oil, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup (60g) Dijon mustard
- 4 burger buns, split open
- 50g watercress leaves
Preparation:1hour20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:1hour40min
- Put the mince, onion, breadcrumbs, apples, herbs and some seasoning in a bowl. Mix together with your hands. Wet your hands, then divide the mixture into four portions and shape each into a burger. Chill for 1 hour to firm up.
- Brush the chicken burgers with a little oil and cook over a medium heat in a non-stick frying pan until browned on both sides, then reduce the heat a little and continue cooking until the burgers are completely cooked through – this should take about 20 minutes in total. Turn from time to time to ensure cooking is even.
- Meanwhile, mix together the honey and mustard. Spread the mixture over the top cut surface of each bun. Divide the watercress among the buns, piling it on the bottom cut side.
- When the chicken burgers have finished cooking, transfer them to the buns, placing them on the watercress. Put on the tops and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!