Grilled steak and vegetables
1 person made this
The vegetables in this tasty barbecue dish, suitable for a low-kilojoule diet, offer vitamin C, folate and vitamin B6. The canola oil adds omega-3 fatty acids while the beef adds more vitamin B6.
4 lean sirloin steaks (125 g each)
3 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon each dried basil and oregano
1⁄8 teaspoon chilli flakes
1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 red or green capsicums, cut lengthwise into 2-cm strips
3 zucchini, each cut lengthwise into 4 strips
2 red or yellow onions, cut across into 1-cm slices
- Using a sharp knife, trim all fat from steaks.
- Make marinade: in small bowl, combine oil with vinegar, mustard, garlic, basil, oregano, chilli flakes and pepper until blended.
- Place steaks in dish just large enough to hold them and pour over 2⁄3 marinade. Turn meat in marinade to coat it thoroughly. Cover dish and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Remove meat from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Pour off marinade and discard. Preheat charcoal barbecue or griller, setting rack 10 cm from heat.
- Add steaks to barbecue or griller and cook according to taste, about 6 minutes on each side for medium. Meanwhile, using small brush, coat vegetable pieces with 1⁄3 marinade mixture.
- Transfer steaks to platter, cover with foil and keep warm. Add vegetables to barbecue or griller and cook until browned and softened, turning once and brushing twice with remaining marinade.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate